Brook Hill School Founder's Hall
Butler Architectural Group has been involved with The Brook Hill School since the original selection of the campus site. Butler has compiled a long range Master Plan for the school and continues to assist the Board of Trustees in the design and implementation of new facilities. Brook Hill’s mission “To provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character” is reflected in university-like campus layout and facilities.
Founders Hall is the second Upper School building to be constructed on the Brook Hill campus. The building houses the main library (under the dome), student lounge, offices, classrooms and a large lecture hall.
Besides normal classroom functions, Founders Hall is also home to the American Freedom Museum. The museum is a collection of rare military artifacts covering wars and conflicts ranging from the American Revolution through the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Included in the museum is a Vietnam-era Huey helicopter, muskets, canons, uniforms, flags, and a wide array of other memorabilia.
Grand Saline Elementary School
Elementary schools for communities represent the common gathering spot for events and activities. Grand Saline Elementary School includes ample library space for reading and perusing books and resource materials, the gym includes natural lighting to reach out for sustainability and energy savings. Each grade is clustered around common area pods that allow for group viewing of educational materials and learning opportunities. The science core has access to a learning garden thriving with butterfly attracting plants. The overall layout of the school separates individual automobile drop-off from bus drop-off.
The design reflects the historical character of the rural community while maintaining efficient operations for the school district. Sustainable and energy saving solutions include spray foam insulation along the roof, modest interior ceiling heights so the district only heats/cools the space people occupy. The material selection was a balance between longevity, ease of maintenance, functionality and design character.
TISD Bonner Elementary
The mission of Bonner Elementary is to provide a safe and positive learning environment where every child is challenged to reach their maximum academic potential, to embrace the diversity of society and to at with compassion and integrity towards others.
Brook Hill Lower Campus
Welcome to the Brook Hill Lower School. The term “Lower School” is an old term many college preparatory schools use for the students of elementary age. I think it referred to its physical location – they were housed in the basements of their old buildings. Not so here! We have a great “Lower School” facility and a staff that works diligently to prepare each child for the next level of their education which leads to success in high end colleges.
We are proud of our accomplishments in each student and our programs, students, staff, and facilities are a far cry from the basement dwellers of those old institutions. In the culture of genuine love and care, the context of nurture, and the concern that each student is prepared, challenged, affirmed, and encouraged, we see successful and happy students moving onward to excellence and success. Enjoy your visit to our little place on the web. It’s truly not a basement!
TISD Austin Elementary
T. J. Austin Elementary School was originally located on 3.37 acres at the corner of North Moore and West Franklin Streets in Tyler and received its first pupils in September, 1936.
The brick building had only six classrooms when first constructed, but before the year ended growth made it necessary to add two classrooms. An auditorium and two more classrooms were completed in 1941; three classrooms and a modern cafeteria were added in 1947; and four more classrooms came in 1951. November 1963 saw the addition of seven new classrooms, a library, restrooms, and storage space.
Continued growth led eventually to the inclusion of several portable buildings. After 70 years, in 2007, a beautiful new school building on the same site replaced the original structures.